Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1963 Rambler American 220 2-door wagon. About as cool as they come! Shows way better in person than in pictures. Fewer than 3,300 built and guaranteed to be the only one at car shows.
Appx. 40,000 original miles. Garage kept past 30 years. Tons of undercoating has saved most of the body and unibody from rust and rot - there are three areas that need attention, but overall the car is rock solid and ready for a resto-mod (think: V8 and Cragars), surf-mobile or a perfect car to promote your business.

It starts right up, runs smoothly, shifts properly. Needs brakes for a road test. I bought a complete, matching interior from a low-mileage sedan that I will include. The red one pictured is a friend's who used to be a Rambler dealer and COULD NOT believe it when I showed up at his place with the blue car on the trailer as he thought his was the only one left. Too many projects and nowhere to store forces me to price the car to sell!

Come check it out and fall in love!

Located near Burlington, VT/Rovers North.

Frank

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,281 Posts
Wow, haven't seen one of those in a while. We had a '62 4-door wagon when I was a kid.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's really very cool.

Would be especially so with a set of mags like the red one.

They called the color, "Cape Cod Blue."

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,216 Posts
A friend of mine is a Rambler enthusiast - he has the 1969 Rambler/Scrambler he bought new (it just won the Hurst award at the National Rambler meet), his mother's 1968 AMX, a Rambler Rogue and maybe a couple of others. I sent him the info on this - he might be interested. He's in St Petersburg, FL.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts