Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are so many "Greens"
Anyone have an idea with these pictures??
AND I'm looking for the car green name, not the rear door or the rear cappings color. The rear door is being replaced.
Looking to find the colour so that I can buy a can of the touch up so I can try to blend in those cappings that were repaired. For a while until I get the full relief spray. The door will be replaced.
20210109_171224.jpg
20210109_171336.jpg
20210109_092903.jpg
20210109_171336.jpg
20210109_092903.jpg

Oh. And Where would one find a complete wire harness 300 tdi for A D90? with AC, Heated seats, Radio, Heated front and rear glass, etccc?

Or is it better to just buy a really high end fuse panel attached underneath that fuse cover Box and start running wires 1 by 1.?

Thank you,
Ozzie

·
Registered
403 Posts
Hard to tell from the pics, but probably Cypress Green. There are several places to get the complete wiring loom for your truck, not sure about the accessories you mentioned. I do not recommend running individual wires unless you are looking to reduce the truck's value and reliability.

·
Premium Member
4,896 Posts
Cypress is a Range Rover color. Haven’t heard of it being used on other models. It looks close to the original Bronze Green as used on Series LRs but I think they were onto other names by then. What year is your truck?

Reactions: Ozzie

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi, its a 1988 but the green is very similar to the 1997 Coniston green on the NAS vehicles. Just ordered an aerosol can of it to test it out.
Thanks for the response.
Ozzie

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
Maybe Trident green?

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks folks. JIM, that 110 you pictured looks to be the same color, but with phones adjusting their color temperature settings with every picture is hard to tell.
Do you know what color that 110 is?
Thank you,
Ozzie

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks.
On this video you get a good look at the rear quarters at about the 1:46 mark in good light. To see the color correctly.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I think I have the same color truck. Mine is also an ‘88. Don’t think items trident green. I always thought Lincoln green but my paint is 32 years old now. The rear tub inside was repainted in trident green before I got it and it is a much different color green. It has more blue in it, as mentioned above.

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nice truck.
And thanks for mentioning Lincoln Green.
The list keeps growing!!

Ozzie

·
Registered
403 Posts
If you are only going to repaint the capping and rear door, it really does not matter what color it is. Take the truck or a representative part to an auto paint retailer and have them match it. It probably has faded since new anyway.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts