Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a stupid sunroof. I hate it. But I’m refinishing the headliner and now I hate it more. You have to remove this finisher trim before removing the headliner. And it’s held in by “L” plastic retainers that plug into window channel. 7 broke. I can’t even see that it has its own part number. The finisher is MXC5011. Can anyone help identify the trim clip part number or a suitable alternative? I’ve exhausted my parts catalogs...

·
Registered
114 Posts
I have begun to loath all of the cheap poorly engineered plastic fastener crap, they are meant for labor/cost reduction in manufacturing with no consideration in the aftermarket. I've replaced all door card fasteners (just imagining those broken little fucking pieces of **** has me foaming at the mouth) with hook and loop, did the same with the sunroof surround and also used some neodymium magnets to hold it in place, problem solved.

·
Premium Member
3,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmmmmmmm..... I have a whole slew of neodymium magnets that I removed from old hard drives... Those may work well...if I can't find my clips first...

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
So you need these stupid things? Just so happens I went through this exercise a couple years ago and bought some extras. PM me your address and I will send them. I can't remember where I got them or the part number. There are enough in the bag to do the whole trim ring.
20200518_061044.jpg

·
Premium Member
3,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So you need these stupid things? Just so happens I went through this exercise a couple years ago and bought some extras.
I need to send out a giant THANK YOU to @volcano on these sunroof trim clips. I searched up and down and was prepared to figure how to modify it—something I did not want to do—and now I don’t.

In these days of more frustration than peace, where we all are trying to adjust to new normals, I’ve been increasingly surrounded by new senses of community—both in my neighborhood and places like here. These simple examples of kindness are really refreshing my heart— it is appreciated in so many ways 🤗

1 - 8 of 8 Posts