Defender Source Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, I want to change my clutch kit.
My truck is a Land Rover Defender 110 HARD TOP 300TDI . It was produced on 1997. The engine is 300tdi. The gearbox is R 380.
Please answer the following questions:

A) Which clutch is preferable / you would use /, for what reasons :

1) Land Rover Performance Clutch Kit - OE STC8358
Item number: 3000.950.701-S
manufactured by the company SACHS : Land Rover Performance Clutch Kit - OE STC8358
OR
2) POWERspec TDI 200/300tdi
manufactured by the company LOF clutches : Land Rover TDI Clutch kit Heavy duty - Discovery/ Defender/ Series 300tdi
OR
3) KLR24006-1A Xtreme Outback Clutch Kit-100 Series
manufactured by the company Xtreme Outback Clutch : Catalogue - Xtreme Outback - №KLR24006-1A

B) For LOF clutches:
  1. What is the % higher transmitted torque of the POWERspec TDI 200/300 tdi kit compared to OEM? Land Rover TDI Clutch kit Heavy duty - Discovery/ Defender/ Series 300tdi
  2. What is the torque capacity of the POWERspec TDI 200/300 tdi kit in Nm ? Land Rover TDI Clutch kit Heavy duty - Discovery/ Defender/ Series 300tdi
  3. What is the clamping force /eject fors/ of the POWERspec TDI 200/300 tdi kit in N or kg ?
    Land Rover TDI Clutch kit Heavy duty - Discovery/ Defender/ Series 300tdi
    4) What will be the weight of the pedal if I install /put/ a 2.8 TGV HS International POWERspec kit - (Also fits TDI) and a DEFENDER POWER MASTER BUNDLE Spring and Master Cylinder on my truck?
    2.8 TGV HS International POWERspec kit- (Also fits TDI) - Land Rover Clutches
    DEFENDER POWER MASTER BUNDLE Spring & Master Cylinder - Land Rover Clutches

5) The weight of the pedal from point 4) is equal to or less or greater than if I mount /put/ on my truck POWERspec TDI 200/300 tdi kit and Defender POWER MASTER BUNDLE Spring and Master Cylinder?
    Land Rover TDI Clutch kit Heavy duty - Discovery/ Defender/ Series 300tdi

DEFENDER POWER MASTER BUNDLE Spring & Master Cylinder - Land Rover Clutches

Thank you in advance.
I do not speak English! I use google translator.

·
Registered
167 Posts

This will work just fine....a 130 clutch like I have in my 200tdi 110, that I use for towing and bringing in wood or a standard clutch is just fine.

Don't buy Britpart IMO.

All the best.

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
I’ve used the LOF kits in several vehicles. Seem very well made and I really like the wire TOB retainer to replace the plastic staple.
I usually get the power spec kit. Motors are stock, and my heaviest truck is a 5 door 110 with an Icarus top. I’ve never had an problems with the power spec clutch, and don’t notice any difference in pedal pressure.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

This will work just fine....a 130 clutch like I have in my 200tdi 110, that I use for towing and bringing in wood or a standard clutch is just fine.

Don't buy Britpart IMO.

All the best.

Thank you for the advice.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I’ve used the LOF kits in several vehicles. Seem very well made and I really like the wire TOB retainer to replace the plastic staple.
I usually get the power spec kit. Motors are stock, and my heaviest truck is a 5 door 110 with an Icarus top. I’ve never had an problems with the power spec clutch, and don’t notice any difference in pedal pressure.
Thank you for the clarification.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts