Defender Source Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Last night, all of a sudden, my tranny decided to stopworking. I a have a 94 w/ an R380 I think. It's like all the slots that used to be there for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc, aren't there anymore. The usual resistance in the stick is gone and it's just kinda loose. I played with it for a while and got it into what I think is 3rd, but nowI can only get into reverse. Funny thing is that reverse isn't where it used to be--it's where 4th used to be.

This sucks. I'm sick of having one problem after another with this thing.

If any one has had this problem and knows how to fix it please let me know. I don't have a repair manual, but I'm guessing it's just something simple that has come loose. I won't have much access to the internet this weekend. If anyone know's what's up and wants to even give me a call and share a few words of wisdom that would be great. 916-220-5673. Thanks guys.

UPDATE:

I played w/ it some more this morning. I can get it into gears 3,4,5, and R. I cannot get it into 1 or 2. I pulled off the shift lever and everything appears to be fine with the shift lever tower. I'm guessing now that the problem is with the shift forks inside. Has any one had this problem? What did the fix involve? Cost?

·
Premium Member
4,789 Posts
If you pull the rubber mat off of the tranny tunnel then you can pull all the screws off of it and slide it off so that you can check all of the linkage.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts