Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,911 Posts
Just get a new genuine one and don't bother recoring.

·
Premium Member
11,911 Posts
Excuse my rookie'ness but don't the recored ones have more tubes? ------ Follow up post added July 19th, 2015 09:21 AM ------ I saw some new ones on the vendor page. Far under $1k. ------ Follow up post added July 19th, 2015 09:22 AM ------ http://www.defendersource.com/forum/showthread.php?p=644037
I recored my original radiator. Went from three core to four core. I don't have ac so no aux fan up front. I found that the truck kept getting warmer in certain conditions. There is a post about it. When I would drive up this one hill in Los Angeles in summer and leave it running parked on an incline it would slowly get hotter and hotter. I pulled the recored radiator out and put a new genuine one in and never had the issue again. My temp is always the same. I was told that the extra core actually made it harder for air to pass through esp without the extra fan.

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
I recored my original radiator. Went from three core to four core. I don't have ac so no aux fan up front. I found that the truck kept getting warmer in certain conditions. There is a post about it. When I would drive up this one hill in Los Angeles in summer and leave it running parked on an incline it would slowly get hotter and hotter. I pulled the recored radiator out and put a new genuine one in and never had the issue again. My temp is always the same. I was told that the extra core actually made it harder for air to pass through esp without the extra fan.

Interesting. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,900 Posts
So I've been told to record mine, I have AC and that additional fan. I think I'd rather just go new genuine though. Anyone else have an opinion? I was told by mechanic the new ones are not great quality. I guess everyone has an opinion.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts