Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m in the process of installing Sniper EFI on my LHD 110. Edelbrock intake manifold. Original water temp sensor fits with no issues. There’s another bung on top of manifold, but Holley water temp sensor doesn’t fit. Is there another location I can install the Holley water temp sensor? Locations on the block?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,384 Posts
I answered this on the other thread but the one on the top is an air passage, plug it with a 3/8 plug.

The sensor goes beside the water neck it’s 3/8ntp as well.

Your dash gauge sensor will have to move or you can do a T and locate both there. Or tap the triangle on the manifold for the dash sensor (5/8 unf for stock or 3/8ntp for vdo or your choice of vdo sensors )

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Rob! I’m not sure why, but the Holley sensor doesn’t seem to fit either of those bungs. Did you order the Holley kit, or order a sensor separately?

·
Premium Member
3,384 Posts
Normal holly sensor fits here

This one is the one you plug .. it’s intake and not coolant

You may need to chase the threads on the coolant sensor on the edlebrock manifold

·
Premium Member
3,384 Posts
Hard to say... the gearbox is from a 300tdi defender and not suited to the gas motor, that is being sorted now.

I does run good though. And better than the old spitronics setup

·
Premium Member
10,535 Posts
Please if you retap it, first remove it from the engine and clean out any metal shavings!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok. Ended up having to retap the threads. No issues (other than lost time). Separate question: the original carb manifold setup had a metal pipe running under the manifold from the water pump to the heater. The new manifold doesn’t allow that. Any reason I can’t just run rubber hose on the outside of the manifold to achieve the same thing? May not be pretty...

·
Premium Member
3,384 Posts
No problems, you can run it under the manifold as well.

The wedge shop makes and outlet for the rear as well, if you want to use that as an outlet instead of the one on the water neck or use both as I did and route to the heater then return to the water pump.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Awesome. Managed to get that worked out. Went to cycle everything on, and it looks like I’m not tied into the correct power source. I connected into a white wire on the loom in the engine compartment. I thought the white provided constant power, but the monitor turns off when I go to crank the engine. Where did you end up connecting to power?

·
Premium Member
3,384 Posts
holly has a pink wire that needs to be on switched +; it carries no load, its just a signal +, i attached it to the ignition switch, just make sure it is constant throughout the cranking cycle. Look at page 17 of the Holly Instructions..

·
Super Moderator
12,047 Posts
Awesome. Managed to get that worked out. Went to cycle everything on, and it looks like I’m not tied into the correct power source. I connected into a white wire on the loom in the engine compartment. I thought the white provided constant power, but the monitor turns off when I go to crank the engine. Where did you end up connecting to power?
White/Black is "meant" to be the colour code for the switched power that stays on while cranking. Normally you would simply tap into the power to the coil.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts