Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Have been meaning to join here for a while. Last October I purchased a new 2015 110. I can't tell you how much I enjoy this car.

Like many others I grew up with Land Rovers. On my parents farm we have had many Series 2 then 3 and then Defenders. We still have a td5 tray on the farm, Dad still drives his old 300tdi 110 as his daily driver (amusingly he drives it over his couple of year old Mercedes 350S).

Also my father in law has a 1948 Series 1 as well.

I live in Perth but my 110 (nicknamed Mathilda by our young kids) regularly gets some good off road workouts in the country. We just had a week off on the south coast of West Australia where we hit some awesome tracks and did some fishing. Old school holiday!

Cheers

James

·
Premium Member
5,108 Posts
G'day James! I am from Kalamunda/Forrestfield/Maida Vale area...parents moved a lot :)

Living in the USA now for 24yrs, but get back home at least once every year to visit folks. I really miss the beach driving we have down there - loved going down past Mandurah and hitting the the beach (had a Nissan Patrol then) and fishing for Taylor & Mulloway when I was a kid.

This is a great informational site even though you are on the other side of the earth! Sed pics of your travels - especially if you go up to the Pinnacles, a shot of a LR up there would be loved by these blokes.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here is shot taken last week with the kids near a beach called Hush Hush outside a small town called Walpole. Doesn't look it in the photo but the Defender was parked on a very steep incline here! So much so that I got out to take the photo but it didn't do it any justice.

You will see here also how the Defender gets used as a mobile jungle gym. Kids just love to climb over it!

·
Premium Member
10,295 Posts
Welcome here, James.
Glad to have you.

·
Premium Member
5,108 Posts
Walpole!! Have not heard that in many years....used to go camping there as a kid - catching Maron on the rivers was our daily exercise in April! Very very scenic part of sthn WA

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Unfortunately I haven't been taking many photos of the tracks but I will endeavour to change that.

However for the international audience here is a short video my 7 year old took last week. Interesting as normally kangaroos jump away pretty quick when a car approaches (or as often as not when you are going fast on the normal road maybe straight into you).

Ignore the voices. I was trying to get my 5 yr old daughter's attention away from the iPad!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Craig

It's a great part of the world. Parents have a holiday house on the inlet. It's not far, as you would know, from Manjimup where I lived as a kid and our farms are around Bridgetown.

Good thing about the Defender is it helps get my kids back to the country. Here is a shot a few months back where they are helping Granny move a herd across a road just outside Brodgetown.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts