Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning.

So I just picked up a 91 110 and want to ship it home when I come home March of 17. Wanted to say hello and I will have a few questions if people have dealt with the shipping process, please PM me.

First one though, is what all am I able to change out and still make it through customs? the suspension is pretty bad, but it can wait till I get there if new springs wont make it through??

Thanks again, and let me know if you need anything I can ship from the UK, happy to do it.

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
Welcome! Just keep it as stock as possible and you'll be good. I was stationed there and brought one back, and a friend of mine just imported his 90 after his tour was up. He didn't have any problems since it was pretty much a stock rig. Just off the A1 near Peterborough there is Adventure 4x4. They are helpful and can get any parts you need fairly quick. Stay clear of Nene Overland. too pricey and bad customer service (IMO). If you're anywhere near RAF Alconbury, swing by Team Plant. There is a LR guru and amazing fabricator there by the name of Paul. He can fix anything and if it is familiar with VAT forms.

·
Registered
210 Posts
David,
Team Plant is down the hill from the front gate on the left. He is in the rental equipment business and only works on Land Rovers occasionally.

Eric

1 - 9 of 9 Posts