Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Does anyone make an all metal heater core for NAS 90s? Quite mad that one of the plastic tubes on mine has broken. I have replaced this heater core before and can remember it wasn't easy as the whole heater box has to come out! Noticed one of the heater hoses the other day barely hanging on and was unable to make it stay and retighten the hose clamp; saw this before heading to work one morning during quick check under the bonnet.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
They all look like they have plastic tubes.

But you can probably make a flare or ridge at the end of the tube with epoxy to keep the rubber hose from sliding off.

·
Mendicant
8,408 Posts
I‘ve installed a couple of the Allisport matrices, they’re fine. The ones I used had the tubes coming out the front like a Td5-era truck, but you can just run the hose around the front, NBD. You do have to modify the little c-shaped metal retainers that hold the core in place because it’s probably 1/2” than stock. Happy with mine.

·
Premium Member
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Which heater core did you get the RHD or LHD one? Asking because the Late RHD version looks nearly identical to the NAS plastic tank one but others have suggested the LHD Late Model heater core. The hoses are moulded so I'm trying to keep them the same shape, not snake them aroundyround if possible.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts