Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know the part numbers for the light bulbs that go behind the heater and fan control strips? 'haven't been able to find them. Also, the PN# for the little white sockets they plug in to?

·
Registered
324 Posts
This is also of interest to me. I was just wondering a couple weeks ago if the temp/diverter selection component should be illuminated.

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm guessing the holder is considered just part of the wiring harness, and therefore doesn't have a separate part number. At least I haven't been able to find one.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Here's an option for you... The bulb holder snaps into a square hole on the back side of the binnacle. I drilled a 3/8" round hole to match the diameter of a standard round bulb holder I found on-line, put in an LED bulb and viola! While I was at it, I extended the wires that run to the LED bulbs so I can more easily access them later. Now I have a well lit and easily serviceable set-up. Since I replaced all my other dash bulbs with LEDs, I can actually see my instruments while driving at night :) In actuality, my project was a bit more involved as I replaced my broken binnacle as well. The replacements don't have the provision for lights so I went all McGiver and modified it with parts from my original, a dremmel cutting wheel and some epoxy. You can get new translucent stickers from SafariHP. Here are some photos. While you are at it, replacing the original plastic mounting frame with a new metal one makes for a very solid and durable installation. No more wobble when adjusting the fan or temperature controls.

IMG_0174.jpeg IMG_0176.jpeg IMG_0181.jpeg IMG_0187.jpeg IMG_0189.jpeg

·
Registered
30 Posts
Love that too. I just installed the Raptor mount and LED dash bulbs, which is probably how the heater control bulb holders broke. Off to find a suitable round bulb holder...

Thanks.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Look for something like this...

·
Premium Member
1,325 Posts
I ordered some from superbrightled.com
74-GHP3 Green
These fit heater, blower and tach lights

1 - 14 of 14 Posts