Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
‘93 Defender. Headlight suddenly stopped working last week. Low & high beams on both sides. Rear running lights and dash lights still work, so don’t think switch. Replaced all in cab fuses, no luck. Is there another engine compartment fuse to look into?

·
Registered
1988 ROW 110 From w/ LS3 6L80E
95 Posts
Pull the headlights stalk for the temp high beams. If that works it could be the the turn signal switches stalk. But first check for a yellow relay behind the instrument cluster. That runs the lights. There’s a bypass for it. You can google it and find lots of post. Also on YouTube.

·
Registered
95 Posts

mine was a yellow relay. But as mentioned mine had the same issue and turned out to be the turn stalk. But check the relay as well

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
I lost several turn signal switches before I realized our cars came from the factory with 40w bulbs and I had upgraded mine to 55w. I now run led's that are way brighter and draw less than 30w. If it is the switch, which can be checked by removing the shroud around the steering column, buy a good one. There is lots of aftermarket junk on the market.

·
Premium Member
1,263 Posts
easy fix, the circuit is not relay protected, install a relay on the circuit in order to prevent circuit overload back-feed.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Awesome. Now but a spare switch as it won't last long. Or add a relay/bypass harness

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts