Defender Source Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If your following my build thread I noted I was switching to a 1350 rear drive shaft. This is based on the work that ‘Buckon37s’ did many moons ago. I snagged these pictures from one of his old threads and made a start.

·
Premium Member
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Purchased a 1350 Ford 9” yoke and used the old rear output flange for my disc brake mount. Had the local machine shop turn them down so we can marry them into one part.

·
Premium Member
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Finally got the rear t’case yoke back from the machine shop… there so busy with logging equipment repairs before winter hits, small ‘hobby’ jobs get pushed to the back of the line. No worries, people gotta make a living.

Had the LR flange shrunk fit onto the 9” yoke, finished it with a TIG fused joint on the t’case side. Needed to cut a relief for the 7/16” nuts on the back side to hold the X-Eng disk in place, the socket cap bolts needed to be turned down a bit to clear the flange boss.

·
Premium Member
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got the yoke finished & installed. Needed to have 3/32” taken off the heads of the cap bolts to clear the t’case casting. Shortened the spacers for the caliper to account for the relocated disc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts