Defender Source Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks.

Here are a few more pics. She no longer has the checker plate on the rear fenders...

I got her a few years ago. She had had an amateur cosmetic resto but had some minor running issues. I did a pretty thorough elect and mechanical rehab. The highlights include a Roamerdrive, Exmoor interior w/ fold up "troop" seats, seat belts w/ reinforced mounts, LED's in new OEM fixtures (wanted the efficiency but not the look), and a whole host of elect, suspension and mechanical time, $ and effort...

w

Attachments

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
very nice. I just got back from a all british field meet, many would be angry about that paint job. Every single car from that era was just beat to heck on the outside and all the owners wear that with a badge of honor. If I could find one of those cheap man I would do just like you did and have a fully restored rig. those will be worth something someday.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Prior owner did the paint. The finish is pretty good but not perfect which is fine since I do try to get off road a bit...usually on the Cape. I will probably leave my d90 as is on the outside.

w

1 - 5 of 5 Posts