Defender Source Forum banner

3121 - 3123 of 3123 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts

And even though these parts (trans, 4wd extension, lt230 adapter) are supposed to a bolt together dry, I like to use a little Permatex 5183 between them. It doesn’t dry so hard that you can’t dismantle later, but is helps in case is of possible future seepage. When you take off the 2wd housing you’ll see that it incorporates a giant rubber O-ring because there’s always some transmission fluid which seeps past the factory shaft seal. I guess GM knew that would happen.

·
Registered
1 Posts
They do exist!

Yes, Clay jumped the gun. A bit.

Ok, here we go. I have developed a bolt-in solution for the GM Gen IV LS engine and 6L80E transmission that couples to the LT230. The LT230 is exactly in the stock position. I think I will just post a few pictures and let it sink in. I made a run of five adapters to start.
Is for sale?
I need all Adapters to transfer fron 3.9 rage rover 1993 to chevrolet Eng.
How much will it cost?

·
Registered
509 Posts
Strange no start. So I have been storing my truck at my buddies house for several months. I went to take it home yesterday but it would not start. that morning, he had moved it from his driveway to the road--behaved normally, little low on battery.

So the battery is about 11V. Less when trying to start. It turns the motor, struggles a little but then just sits there and cranks (not too fast like normal, but not super sluggish either) and the battery voltage drops to about 9 during this. I checked the fuel rail and thank god I am getting 60psi as I don't want to deal with dropping the fuel tank--I have done that enough in my life (and I have a full length bed drawer bolted down so accessing from above would be super hard too...). But it isn't that. We hear the fuel pump and I am getting fuel.

Where it stands right now, I have a charger on the battery to top it off. Maybe the low voltage during chug over is just not enough for the ECU. That seems like an easy something to rule out. I also reconnected both plugs to the ECU just in case of who-knows-what.

Anything else to check while I am over there this evening? Otherwise, I will just have AAA tow it to my house (about 8 miles) and do my full diagnostics at home. Fuel: Confirmed. Compression--really super likely, not confirmed, but running super strong when running. Spark--will check that easy enough when I bring back my tool kit--but assuming not.

Is low voltage a likely thing given that it does turn over, just no catch (not even a little catch--nothing at all...)? I have never had a low voltage condition do that before but I just can't think of what else this could be just from sitting given it ran just a day earlier (It didn't struggle to start, but it only ran for 30 seconds as he re-parked it, so I am thinking it depleted the already depleted battery that has been sitting a long time...)
11v is not enough to start a vehicle. You need at least 11.8v...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3121 - 3123 of 3123 Posts