Defender Source Forum banner

321 - 340 of 343 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
The 12j is the 2.5 NA diesel engine. Normally aspirated. Precursor to the 19J, which was the 2.5 TD. 2.5 TD developed I to the 200TDi.

·
Premium Member
10,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #323
We have 3 kits left if anyone is interested.

Reactions: LostChord

·
Registered
126 Posts
Pretty slick, would be a great place to mount the hand held.

·
Premium Member
10,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #330
I love it.
Please keep up updated Shannon.

·
Registered
164 Posts
So my Holley supplied external fuel pump is already going out in my 110. Just kept getting louder and louder and finally was starving the engine for fuel enough to kill it. I suspect part of my lack of power has always been a little bit of this pump issue. Got a warranty replacement sitting here now and trying to figure the best place to mount it much closer to the fuel tank. Its on old '85 110 tank, not sure how different the different tanks are.

Saw someone put in an in-tank holley efi fuel pump wondering what model that was? For those that mounted the out of tank pump where did you go with it? I originally put mine on the outside of the frame just in front of where the original LR fuel pump was putting directly under the right hand front seat which thinking back on it is just way to far away.

Maybe my truck was set up different but mine has a return fitting on the right side of the tank (same side as the filler) with the output fitting coming out the left side of the tank. So I'm thinking I need to switch the pump to inside the frame rails and hop from the right side to the left.

·
Premium Member
10,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #338
Always mount the external fuel pump on the outside frame rail about even with the middle door on a 5 door 110.
Fuel pressure needs to be right at 58 PSI.
You need an in dash fuel pressure gauge.
We only use an external fuel pressure regulator, it has a place for the fuel pressure gauge sender.

Reactions: LostChord

·
Registered
164 Posts
I’ve had this running for last 6 months+ and with my experience burning this pump up w less then 4K miles and Holley’s instructions and their techs own words I’m gonna have to respectfully disagree with that Robert.

For one the radius arm mounts and the outrigger are directly in way of where you describe on a 110. Putting the pump where I have it and a few other photos here which is directly in front of that outrigger in the middle of the body the pump is too far over the “no more then 2ft from fuel tank” Holley says. In my case there is nearly 9 ft of hose to run across the body then up the frame to the pump. Even moving it to the other side it’ll still be over 4ft from the tank.

obviously an in tank pump is the best option but I’ll work with what I have and report back for others. Hopefully my second pump lasts more then a few months of sporadic driving.

·
Premium Member
10,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #340
Am no fan of the in-tank pumps as when they fail you have to drop the tank.
I provided you with an approximate location "about even with".
Suit yourself as to how and where you mount the fuel pump.
I hope you get all your running issues fixed and can drive anywhere at any speed you like.
Best of luck!

321 - 340 of 343 Posts