Defender Source Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
I took my 90 out for a quick blast around the neighborhood yesterday for the 1st time this year and it was as good as I remembered from last fall. The 250 started right up and ran perfectly...sounds awesome. Eager to get out there more, but I am going to take it easy for a few more test runs to make sure everything is good to go since I rebuilt both axles (upgraded rear to discs) and swapped out the transfer case over the winter. I’m psyched to get a chance to see the difference the new transfer case makes (1.4 to a 1.2) and how it handles after installing front and rear anti-sway bars.

Now if I just had somewhere to go...
Very cool! I see that you stayed normally aspirated, I'm planning the same. What did you end up using for a throttle cable?

·
Registered
763 Posts
Thanks for the info. Mine is RHD as well so I've been scratching my head on the extra length needed and routing. RN has a LHD D1 200tdi cable in the clearance section for cheap that I've been considering, just not sure if it's long enough.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Mine is a joy to drive.
Parrie, have you had any time to drop your engine in?
No sir I have not, been side-tracked w/ some family health issues which are improving thankfully. I have managed to give the 250 a good pre-insertion check-out and have 90% of the ancillaries in hand. The clutch kit came in this week, ended up going with the same HD Valeo kit that Ashcroft offers. Still need to nail down which fans to go with and pick up a starter. The time is near.

·
Registered
763 Posts
I would say that's fairly accurate (maybe a bit steep on the MSD, PS pump and misc. items) but do you need all those items? The kit is meant to be a simple swap utilizing your existing equipment but certainly the skies the limits.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts