Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don’t see how a steering wheel pulled could work, so before I stick my hi-lift on the back of the steering wheel with the lifting part under the tabs at the end, anyone have any ideas? She has been soaking in PB blaster for a week.

·
Premium Member
3,463 Posts
poop. Is there a place you could drill and tap a couple holes (just an idea)? I did that once before. Alternatively, could you employ a similar way as separating CVs from axles? Drop the shaft down a pipe (or constriction) that the wheel will get knocked off by?

·
Registered
85 Posts
While not it's intended purpose, I have used the puller below to remove a steering wheel before. I had it in the the toolbox from another project. You may be able to use a standard gear puller if you can find one with jaws that are long enough to get to the back side of the wheel.

Fan Blade/Wheel Puller (Original Version) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001CGFQDW/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_i_WHm0Db71ZYCYV

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
261 Posts
Awesome technique

That's what mine was like I think, I'm glad someone mentioned not to remove the nut all the way, I would've walked right into that one.

Sean

1 - 14 of 14 Posts