Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gauging interest on this. So, awhile back I bought some foam for a non-automotive project, then changed plans and shelved it. Fast forward to me messing with shifter this weekend and realized my foam was trashed on my 130 200tdi. Started looking at pn's online (etx500050), then remembered that I had the material which looks exactly like the original. The old material is about 1-1/2" thick. My material is 1" thick, but I doubled it up and everything seemed to fit / shift fine. Much quieter. Never realized how much noise comes from that area.

My 11yr old son helped me and I thought it would be a good business lesson for him. Is there any interest in these? I could cut them out with holes or without (I would do this part). Looks like most defenders used the same cutout except the v8's. I could do those also if someone sent me a template. My son would be in charge of tracking sales, packaging, and shipping with my supervision. I'm thinking like $20 shipped in the lower 48. I think new they are like $30-50 + shipping from the usuals. I'm sure this is going to create more work for me then it is worth, but if it engages him, so be it. I'll post some pics tomorrow. Reply to this ad if interested. Thanks and Merry Christmas y'all..

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, I / we will work on them this weekend. So, I'm counting 1 order as two pieces that you put together. So if you are asking for two orders, you will get 4 cutouts. To me it sounded quieter with the two 1" pieces stacked on top of each other.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok. Here are some pics of the material with my old one next to it. The original is 1.3". Mine are 1" thick. I guess I could order some thicker stuff, but this seems to work fine doubled up. I'll post some finished product pics this weekend.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok, I got 8 pairs made from the material I had. These will only fit the 4 cylinder diesel models. I made them snug on purpose. I'm out of material and would be happy to pass on the place I got it to so someone that can cnc these, bc with a router and a template, they are a pita. Lesson learned, my son lost interest about 5 min after I started and went inside to play fortnite. Please PayPal with your address to [email protected]

I won't be back in the office until next Friday, but I will pack them up and put them in the mail then. Thanks everyone. Merry Christmas.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes. PayPal is [email protected]

Although his effort in this business venture was lacking, he did help me use my new toy today, a tornador (look it up, greatest upholstery cleaning tool ever), so I think I will treat him to a nice steak dinner. Thanks everyone

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes. I haven't received any pmt's yet.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have several of these left, including some solid pieces that can be used on the v8 shifter. I haven't heard anything back from the the ones I mailed out, so I assume everything fit well. $20 shipped gets you two 1" pieces that you can stack under the gaiter. Thanks

PayPal. [email protected]

1 - 20 of 27 Posts