Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am selling a set of front and rear GBR 4:11 gears. Going to stock, as the 4:11s don't play well with the NV4500 behind my Gen III 6.0. Rear is almost brand new (less than 1,000 miles) front has more miles but I have not abused the truck since the front was installed and the truck's been sitting for the past 2 year while I work out swapping the 4l60e for a 5 speed NV4500. New it looks like these are now $700 for the set. Not sure what the market rate is...if anyone wants to clue me in?

·
Premium Member
3,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Late model GM as the early GM nv4500s require more adapters (bellhousing etc).
So I got an NV4500 GM - had the:
1. rear tailshaft swapped for a Dodge 4wd output shaft
2. Notched the dodge rear tailshaft housing to accommodate the LT230
3 Bought the NV4500 to LT230 adapter from Diesel conversions.
I am running a 1.2 lt230. I will see how the stock gears work as with the 4:11s 1st gear is about useless.
I am sure the stock gears will be an improvement but I may decide to go to a 1:1 lt 230 case. we'll see.

·
Premium Member
3,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just to clarify I am NOT selling set up 3rd members.
I am selling:
One set of a reverse cut front which includes 1 - Ring gear and 1- matching Pinion gear
One set of rear Stage II (according to Bill) 1- Ring gear and 1 - matching Pinion gear
Total is 2 ring gears and 2 pinion gears. Sorry if this is dumbing it down but by the forum questions I am getting folks are thinking these are complete 3rd members.

Asking $425 for the set front and rear shipped CONUS. New, this set would cost approximately $700 plus shipping and tax.

I can post pics once I remove the gears from the 3rds they are in now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts