Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this morning, I forget something at Doyle Manor and turn around to run back to house...

I'm only going to be a second so leave car running, run inside and come right back out, within 30 seconds or so and hear electric fan kick on....

get in truck and look at gauge and :eek: Jesus Christ!! it's 3/4's the way to pegged!!!

90 temp gauge has consistently NEVER been higher than just to the right of "cold" on temp gauge..

Panic. think it's overheating so jump in and take off to get some air flowing....

After a mile or two........realize I was looking at fuel gauge....:whistling:

laugh at self and then wonder, at what temp is electric fan supposed to kick on?

Any thoughts?

KCD

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
Not 100% on the D90s, but probably around 210-220F.

If your truck is doing that, do not get in and drive fast, best to turn it off. You don't know why it's overheating, and driving it could make it worse.,

·
Premium Member
4,618 Posts
Not 100% on the D90s, but probably around 210-220F.

If your truck is doing that, do not get in and drive fast, best to turn it off. You don't know why it's overheating, and driving it could make it worse.,

I agree.... the best way to cool a motor off, is to turn it off.

·
Premium Member
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree.... the best way to cool a motor off, is to turn it off. .
Well, it wasn't hot, I was looking at fuel gauge. Just curious at what temp electric fan comes on?!!

·
Premium Member
1,281 Posts
Turning the heater and heater fan full on hot does well cooling an engine down, unless it's something catastrophic that's already ruined it.
Then turn it off, but leave the heater on.

·
Premium Member
3,356 Posts
Well, it wasn't hot, I was looking at fuel gauge. Just curious at what temp electric fan comes on?!!
It all boils down to, what you have it set at if its adjustable or what ever temp sensor you have fitted.

As landys didn't come with electric fans (other than aircon condenser fans) you will have to answer your own question.

·
Premium Member
15,215 Posts
On NAS trucks, the AC electric fans should come on when the temp hits a certain level even if the AC is not on. I am not sure what temp that is though.

·
Premium Member
3,356 Posts
He never said if it was the aircon fans or if there is a electric cooling fan?? fitted

The condeser fans will come on at 105c without the aircon running

1 - 8 of 8 Posts