Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My truck has been in the shop for a few months and won't start. We are pretty sure we're getting power to the fuel pump but no fuel. I dropped the truck off with a full tank. The theory is the pump fouled from sitting in a full tank for so long without being used. Is this a plausible explanation? There is a trickle of fuel at the rail. We don't hear the pump when the key goes to on and the fuel gauge isn't moving off the far left. We are going to drop the tank and make sure there is voltage. We are able to see the connector at the tank via mirrors. Biggest issue is that the local dealer doesn't have one. I'm off this week and start a new job on Monday and really wanted to go into the weekend with the truck running. Any advice is appreciated.

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
First time ever - went to start the 90 and the fuel pump doesn't run at key turn - truck won't start. Should I try to replace the "silver relays" first? Also, I am no mechanic, are the silver relays inside the fuel injection box under the passenger seat or are they the two that are mounted at the back of the seat box?

any help would be appreciated.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts