Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am selling my lovely "Old Lady Grantham"
1966 Series lla. I am the second owner. I purchased the old girl in 2016. It was owned and stored inside a fire station in Prague.
She is quiet and reliable. I drive it a few times a week around town. I have put 4K miles on it since I have owned it. This past weekend I drove it on a four hour trip and it was lovely.
The good.
The odometer has 32,437 klms = 20,151 miles since new.
She is happy and runs quite well. It starts immediately all the time. Even if it sits for a month or two.
All body panels are straight except for a small little dent in the roll of the driver door. Barely noticeable .
It does not drip oil. I know stunning right?

The bad.
There is a small dent in the passenger front wing above the turn signal.
The front prop shaft seems to knock when slowing down from about 8mph.
There is a square cutout hidden by the license plate. All I can think of is that the station used it for easy access to the tool box? I dunno.
I replaced the ribbed roof with a tropical top. The headliner is not the best. I have new ceiling vent trim still in packages.

The expected
It does leak in heavy rain. The floors are very good, but some surface corrosion below the foot pedals at the bend.

The interesting.
There are Danish decals under the instrument panel controls. ( why when it was in Prague?)
The battery has been relocated under the bonnet. The battery compartment under the seat has some electronics connectors for auxiliary lights.

I am only asking what I have invested.
Selling $40K. Located in Charleston SC.

Attachments

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,096 Posts
Wow, beautiful. One of the nicest I've seen. Funny, I can't even look at Defenders anymore - love S1s &2s.

·
Premium Member
10,836 Posts
Very nice.
Has the rectangle shin burner heater.
Do you know if it originally had rhino hide seats?

·
Premium Member
10,836 Posts
It's a very nice example.

·
Premium Member
7,282 Posts
It's clearly a "bitsa" but without too much work can be returned to something close to a '66 if that's the look you're going for. The gauges are def late 2A as is the bulkhead (no wipers in the windscreen frame). Confirms the 71 build.

·
Registered
276 Posts
NADA 109's had the single wiper motor in 1966 and 1967. Gauges are the same as well with the exception on the charge light located on the lower position of the temp gauge. See attached pic from my 2 owner 1966 NADA 109. This looks like a fairly original example with some mods over the years. The demister panel looks like a 1969 to 1971 panel and the heater is the same as my 1969 Lightweight. There are lots of variations that were market dependent and I don't look at this as a "bitsa". Overall I would say this is a very nice 109 and good luck with your sale.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,282 Posts
But it came from Europe. No way is it a NADA. The main giveaway on that is the lack of the 6 cylinder bulkhead.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts