Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello- I'm sending out a feeler for a trade or sale of my truck. I love it but feel it's not getting the use it deserves given my work schedule and transportation needs. I only get to drive it just a couple of times per month and that's only to get things cycled. Looking to potentially sell or trade +cash for another Disco or Land Cruiser- I only need something to keep as a secondary driver for snow or other 4WD occasions. This had been my daily driver for around 8,000 miles until I inherited another automobile as a DD and wanted to keep the miles down for future enjoyment. I wouldn't hesitate to take it anywhere. Please see below:

1996 NAS Disco 1 SE7, Dark Green (Epsom-esque)
~193k (engine has significantly less- more like quarter to half- of that.) Also, larger tires mean that the clock is counting ~12% higher mileage than actual- just haven't gotten around to re-calibrating the ratios.

If sale- asking ~$13,500 OBO (if trade, obviously much less.)

Power all seats
Rear A/C
300TDi
R380 transmission
Engine block heater

Trutrac front
Detroit Rear (with hardened shafts)
411 diffs, with a front Diffguard.

​After I obtained this truck last year- I put $8,000 into engine, body and mechanical periodic maintenance, probably unnecessary but got it to cherry. ​This truck runs 100% A+.

New brake lines replaced within 11 months
Heavy Duty Battery replaced within 11 months
New Timing Belt @8k ago
Any minor rust patch has been welded/ taken care of
​A list of 5 pages more of maintenance and upgrades last year as part of that maintenance package that I can scan if interested.​

Neoprene front seat covers
Dual sunroofs
SD roof rack
Rear ladder
4 Hella lights- detached but included
235/85R16 rims/tires (4 steels rims + dunlop AT's)
2nd set of 235/85R16 Federal couragia mud tires with full sized matching spare
OME suspension (2-3" lift)
Custom exhaust from the down-pipe back.
New Kenwood stereo with USB and Bluetooth (both handsfree and streaming)

​The entire engine and all parts in the engine bay look to be a 100% swap from a truck in the UK- all parts are 100% to the engine.

Extensive book of receipts for all work and the original engine and tranny swap.​

Shoot me a message with any questions and see attachments for photos! I'm an open book.

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
price

thanks sir, sorry about that! knew I missed something:

If sale- asking ~$13,500 OBO (if trade, obviously much less.)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bump- I have had a few nibbles along the way but just want to bump this since it's been awhile and this is a great truck! I am considering listing on eBay as well.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,618 Posts
​After I obtained this truck last year- I put $8,000 into engine, body and mechanical periodic maintenance, probably unnecessary but got it to cherry. ​This truck runs 100% A+.

wow, I havent put that much into my trucks in the last ten years!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Happy Easter, all. I am doing the seasonal fluid change and spring "freshen up" this coming weekend on the D1. I am now leaning towards trades for a 90 or 110 plus cash. Please let me know if anyone is interested! Thanks as always.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Bump. Have alot of nibbles and no bites. Ideally this would go towards a D90. I'm also open to outright purchase or interesting trade offers...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts