Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
88' 110
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Fs: 1994 nas d90 st

Selling my 1994 NAS 90 ST. Alpine White. Has 94,500 miles. I hate to get rid of it because it’s a solid truck, but now that I’ve had it for a bit I’m thinking I’d like something a little different. More on that later.

The truck lived in Utah for the first ten years, then southern California for about 5 years, Pittsburgh for 5 years, and I have had it for less than a year. Pretty confident this truck has not seen salt as the Pittsburgh owner did not drive it in the winter.

The engine/drive train is the stock 3.9L --> R380 trans.- -> 1.22 TC --> 3.54 differential gearing. Trutrac limited slip in the rear diff. The truck rides and drives really well. Alignment is good, and no vibrations at highway speeds. Has 5 matching Michelin LTX M/S tires (285/75/16). The spare and the two rear tires are like new tread, the fronts have 75% tread. Flowmaster exhaust that sounds great.

The Good:
-About as rust free as they come without a restoration
-I have three tops for the truck…Tickford, Surrey and a bikini. All in good condition. No rips/tears or stains.
-Trailhead 4x4 SS oil cooler lines installed in June 2015
-Engine is strong with no known issues. In 2007 when the vehicle had 87,000 miles the engine was given a significant overhaul. See below for details on what was done.
-Clutch master cylinder replaced in 2011
-New alternator in 2014
-New pads and rotors at 87,000 miles
-New plugs and wires sometime in the last two years
-No leaks with the exception of a small leak on the transfer case. The leak is so slight it doesn’t even drip to the floor.
-New galvanized fuel tank guard in 2015 from Rovers North
-New shocks and springs (Pro Comp) in 2014 from Rovers North.
-New Terra Firm front radius arms and bushings in 2015 from Rovers North. I still have the stock radius arms as well.

The less than good:
-No rear sway bar
-There is some rust in the seat boxes
-The rubber boot/cover for the transmission tunnel is cracked
-The rear rubber floor mat is cracked on both sides where the wheel well makes a 90 degree corner
-The driver and passenger doors were resprayed at some point and the color match isn’t perfect
-No catalytic convertors
-The Hella lights on the brush guard are not hooked up, but the wiring harness will go with the truck

The engine work at 87,000 miles included the following:
-Replaced the heads
-Replaced the crank bearings
-New valve seals, cylinder head gasket, intake manifold gasket, valve cover gasket, crankshaft bearings,
-Other miscellaneous work at this time: new engine mounts, exhaust manifold gasket, thermostat, new U-Joints, front axle swivels replaced, and balanced the rear drive shaft.
-There were a number of other smaller things done as well, but this list includes the primary stuff. I’m happy to share the receipts for the work…it totals $7,000.

Let me know what questions you have, and if there are any specific pictures you would like to see. Asking $49,500

I would consider a trade for a well sorted 110 EX-MOD (RHD or LHD). Upgraded engine from the 2.5 is strongly preferred with preference to a Tdi.

Attachments

·
Registered
88' 110
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
More pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
88' 110
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Frame pics.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
16,553 Posts
You may not have owned it very long but you've certainly learned how to put a nearly perfect ad together!! Good job, and best of luck.

·
Registered
88' 110
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys. I picked up a few sale posting tips by watching others.

·
Registered
88' 110
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
BUMP. Clean and straight 94 NAS looking for a new home.

·
Registered
88' 110
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bump. Reasonable offers considered. I don't NEED to sell it, but would like to before purchasing a new toy.

·
Registered
88' 110
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Received a deposit. Inspection pending.

·
Registered
88' 110
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sold. Truck is relocating to the southeast US. New owner seems like a great guy.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts