Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am thinking of finally spending the money and buying a front runner slimline roof rack for my 110. It looks like one of the best roof racks out there. I wondered if anyone has any reviews / experience with the slimline rack?

Thanks
Ben

·
Premium Member
810 Posts
I love mine on the 110. I have mounted surf/ paddle boards, kayaks, a roof top tent, and a bunch of their accessories. Great investment in my mind if you use your defender for a lot of activities.

·
Premium Member
810 Posts
I have a ribbed roof. I used standard legs as opposed to tall. On standard legs you cannot mount the folding table below the rack.

·
Premium Member
810 Posts
I am 6'1" and with standard roof rack legs it is a pain to place paddle boards on top. If I had tall legs it would be a bit worse.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the review. Everyone I had talked with have said these are the best roof racks to get. I think I will move forward and get one. Thanks again.

·
Registered
154 Posts
What is the height to the top of the rack with the standard legs? I'm considering one too and I want to see if I will be able to park in my barn.

·
Premium Member
810 Posts
What is the height to the top of the rack with the standard legs? I'm considering one too and I want to see if I will be able to park in my barn.
I have a terrafirma 2" on mine... Do you still want the height? Also remember any top mounted accessories will increase height.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Maybe an idea to see if we could get a group discount. I plan to purchase mine within the next three to four weeks. I had emailed Steve over at front runner so can always ask him at what quantity we could get any discounts. I think the list price is around $1,400 without a ladder but with free shipping.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts