Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hate pulling my bikes in and out of the back of my 110. I hear rear receivers with bike mounts need an extension to clear the tire and are a booger to clear the door. Don't want a cheap tire mounted rack -- I hardly trust my rusty door just to hold my tire...

So, looking to put the bikes in the front. Anyone hear/see any options out there for this? Anyone see any issue with doing this?

I had a front receiver on my Ford F250 and it worked great --- right up until I installed my intercooler. Now it won't fit. Maybe I could have a welder retrofit that to my LR 110.

·
Premium Member
3,349 Posts
Like this?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
Front hitch

Depending on your bumper/winch or not they work great,move boats all the time with one the usual Defender parts guys sell them.
Rolf

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Like this?
That's close, but I don't need the winch. That bumper is a big'un too -- not sure I need something that beefy. Is there a receiver unit that just bolts to the frame rails and sits under the original bumper?

------ Follow up post added September 6th, 2015 08:29 PM ------

Depending on your bumper/winch or not they work great,move boats all the time with one the usual Defender parts guys sell them.
Rolf
I just have a regular bar type bumper. I did a search on the internet and came-up with snake-eyes. Do you know a company that sells them?

·
Premium Member
10,773 Posts
Used to be able to get a receiver that was welded to a plate and drilled to match a winch bolt spacing.
Shouldn't be an issue getting one made up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts