Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering if the tunnel needs to be changed to fit the 380?
and any other changes required?
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
13,023 Posts
It is designed as a direct fit. No tunnel changes. You do need the newer diff lock linkage. No sure about release parts, but I think they are the same.

Ashcroft Transmissions
Note you cant use the LT77 diff lock linkage and will need the R380 type

·
Premium Member
470 Posts
I did this conversion four years ago. No tunnel change. If I recall, the kit from Ashcroft contained everything except some of the transfer case linkage parts I needed; my LT77/LT230 had an older linkage setup and I had to buy new.

·
Premium Member
13,805 Posts
Make certain you get the special throw out bearing. I have a truck here with an ashcroft stubby r380 purchased from Urban and it was shipped with a regular r380 throw out bearing and the truck is here because the clutch slips.

·
Premium Member
7,738 Posts
Make certain you get the special throw out bearing. I have a truck here with an ashcroft stubby r380 purchased from Urban and it was shipped with a regular r380 throw out bearing and the truck is here because the clutch slips.
Just went through this on a Disco R380. The right TO bearing is key (stay away from the HD ****) as well as clean fresh pilot bushing and TURN THAT FLYWHEEL.

·
Premium Member
3,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
turn as in cut?
It was cut 18,000 miles ago, but i guess i should do it again if its out

·
Super Moderator
13,023 Posts
If the clutch was done properly 18000 miles ago, I would not touch it. Same for any of the other stuff in there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts