Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a roof off of a 109 5 door for anyone who wants it. It was a Safari top at one time and some one closed it off and cut in alpine windows. It needs work.

Will not ship.

image-2877340554.jpg

·
Premium Member
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The top I bought to put on the 109 is the same as this one on the front and I pulled it off of an old 110 at Brewie's.

The front of this top was damaged at one point and was repaired so it may not be the same as it originally was.

I will go snap a pic of the front.

·
Premium Member
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
image-4033748468.jpg

Here is the front corner. The drain channel is straight all the way across. Sorry it is in the bed of a pick up so I couldn't get a good wide shot.

·
Premium Member
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
image-4283001716.jpg

Here is a pic of the ribbed roof from the early 110 that is replacing it. It does not curve up like the flat roof on my 90 either.

It is sticking out a little further that it will because I need to trim the upper door seal where it is catching and not letting the roof slide back far enough.

·
Premium Member
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I guess maybe the safari tops and the ribbed tops are flat across the front and the newer style smooth roofs turn up to meet the wind shield frame. But the ribbed roof in the 3rd pic did come off a 110 and was the original roof as best as Brian and I could tell and once I cut the door seal out it looks like it will fit on the 109 just like the previous roof I have listed here.

·
Premium Member
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry, I am wrong! The red 110 was another top I had. Here is a pic of the vehicle that the ribbed top came off of. I can't tell if it's a 109 or early 110.

image-2180950831.jpg

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
looks like a 110 roof that has had work done to the front to make it fit a series truck

·
Premium Member
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
looks like a 110 roof that has had work done to the front to make it fit a series truck
A tree or something fell on it and it was a safari top at some point in its life. You could see the corresponding repair in the windshield frame before we replaced it.

The previous owner told us it came over from Thailand and all the work was done there. There is probably 200lbs of body filler. It's atleast 1/4" deep in most places.

·
Premium Member
3,347 Posts
Ben I'll take it if you don't mind lugging I down next time you come. And the green truck was a series three 109.

·
Premium Member
3,347 Posts
Thanks bud...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts