Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to say hello and how excited I am to have purchased JimK's '94 Arles ST. I've been lusting for an NAS since I first laid eyes on an NAS 110 back when I was in high school. I've been looking on and off for the past couple years but never got serious until Father's Day. My wife asked me what I wanted and I jokingly replied a Defender...she said do it (I think she is going to drive it as much as I am). So in less than a month I found a wonderful vehicle and worked a fair deal all through DSource. I can't offer much in the technical discussion board yet but I'm looking forward to learning all I can (and picking up some bloody knuckles in the process). I am a property & casualty insurance agent so hopefully I can lend some guidance when it comes to insurance carriers to place coverage with, how to insure/value them and what to know if you want to insure a salvage one (some companies are unknowingly pretty restrictive if they are). I told my wife I'm a little scared what this is going to do the pocketbook (already bought Harold's Rover Racks top) and need some rear seats to try and fit as many of my 5 (yes that's not a typo) kids in as I can. I'll do my best to post when I can help a discussion but I'll probably be lurking for now (and purchasing bits and pieces). Looking forward to lifelong Defender/Rover ownership!

T.J.

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts
Congrats and welcome! 5? That's a lot of precious cargo for a 90 so drive slow ;-) I'm rigged for seven so it can be done, just not comfortably if you keep feeding them! Lol

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Very cool. Member kevincdoyle is in Tulsa (I know, it's still 3.5 hours or so away) and is a super guy to know. He's got a 90 too.

·
Premium Member
10,282 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Premium Member
887 Posts
Welcome. I've noticed several 90's around Tulsa in the last few months.

Red ST and green ST.

Come on up!

(Thanks rankar!!)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts