Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had this on the truck for just under a year and have come to the conclusion that short drum winches just don't have enough line for me. I love how lightweight and fast it is, but really want some more line to work with.

I'm amazed how quickly the bolts have corroded in less than a year (and they haven't even seen salt!), but other than that the thing is brand new. I think it only has 3 real pulls on it! Which is slightly embarrassing, honestly.

Has anyone been yearning for a short drum and have something good to trade?

·
Premium Member
3,294 Posts
I've had this on the truck for just under a year and have come to the conclusion that short drum winches just don't have enough line for me. I love how lightweight and fast it is, but really want some more line to work with.

I'm amazed how quickly the bolts have corroded in less than a year (and they haven't even seen salt!), but other than that the thing is brand new. I think it only has 3 real pulls on it! Which is slightly embarrassing, honestly.

Has anyone been yearning for a short drum and have something good to trade?
Awe is so cute... how much line has it got on? I've never seen these before. I want it like a middle aged single woman wants another kitty cat.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Awe is so cute... how much line has it got on? I've never seen these before. I want it like a middle aged single woman wants another kitty cat.
Lol.. you gotta give me the hook up on these chicks cause I have 3 of Staci's that she is looking for forever homes for. Want one... or three?? They are super sweet... :) spread the word!

·
Registered
95 Posts
With that tiny drum and short rope... its not even much use as an anchor :hide: ner it looks cool why not hide it on the back or or get a demountable set up for it?

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Winch extension.
Yep - that works obviously. It's a great winch, and I'll probably try to find a Talon 9.5 which I believe is essentially the same thing just with a normal size drum - Just figured I'd see if anyone was interested. Believe it or not people do actually want these things :)

·
Premium Member
3,294 Posts
Yep - that works obviously. It's a great winch, and I'll probably try to find a Talon 9.5 which I believe is essentially the same thing just with a normal size drum - Just figured I'd see if anyone was interested. Believe it or not people do actually want these things :)
What kind of trade are you looking for?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts