Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SUPER solid and clean RRC - has 100% new wire harness from to rear, Chevy 350 Multi port motor from a 1999 Tahoe and a low mile quiet smooth r380 coupled to lt230. Tom wood shafts, available Detroit rear or ARB front and rear. HD shafts, RTE front lift arms, rear arms, new bushings etc. LOTS OF PARTS.

Has original Chevy computer remapped for the injectors, rockers, cam etc. No BS, no hacked crap. Custom dual core alloy radiator, electric fan on variable controller and dual battery set up. Again, no Lucas wiring and everything works. Hella headlights on HD relay, shine bright but don't glare oncoming cars. No abs but retained the pump and master set up - brakes are EXCELLENT.

Truck runs and drives 100%. 330hp of smooth Chevy power. It's a blast to play with and gets darn good milage on the highway now.

ARB rack, winch bumper, RTE tank skid, QT diff guards, RTE steering links, Bilstien shocks, drop shock HD mounts front and rear, OME springs... More.

255-85-16 Maxis mud terrains with new tread. Newer brakes, stainless NRP exhaust, low miles on all of it.

2004 disco dash assembly interior - yes really. Not a hack job. Full working heater with disco 1 style manual dual zone controls. No AC - but it's there, just need motor mounted parts.

Needs some minor details but I drive it daily and it's FUN! I simply love projects, this one is "done" and I'm moving on to a 1976 BMW 2002. :) maybe others. Ha

Can talk on phone or email/PM in more detail.

Per forum rules - I have about $30k in it.... So I'll start the bidding at $20k. :popcorn:

I'm reasonable but it's a SOLID rust free low mile RRC with what I feel is damn near perfect mods to be reliable, powerful, fun, smooth and an awesome daily driver or trail beast!

Pics shortly.

Doug

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pics

I have more of the build too. Interior was GUTTED for the dash welding as well as ALL new ventilating base material and sound deadening instead of the water hogging stock stuff. The truck is better than new in so many ways.

Last pic is with the old 265's on it.

I'll work on more pics and a video - I wasn't planning on selling. Ha ha

------ Follow up post added July 11th, 2015 07:40 PM ------

Oh yeah also has a brand new heated windscreen.

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Yes it is.

Had an Isuzu TDI in it with ZF auto at first after the restoration. The head cracked so I swapped the chebby V8 and R380 5 speed in. Stock rover 5 speed pedal and clutch parts grafted in to the RRC.

The truck is simply awesome. I am just at a point where I don't get much time for trail runs and it's a shame to only daily drive it. Plus the 76 Beemer is calling to me. (You can see part of it in one of the pics. )

------ Follow up post added July 11th, 2015 08:49 PM ------

Joel can attest to the condition. It's never seen salt, always garaged since I've had it and the only "issue" it had when I got it from him was electrical stuff.... That's why the COMPLETE wore harness swap was done. Aftermarket harness - simple to trace wires in the future as they are printed/labeled every 6".

Connectors were marine grade adhesive lined heat shrink (I'm a ABYC marine electrician and Yanmar certified mechanic by trade)

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
Nicely done Doug! Glwts!

I've seen one of Doug's previous builds (D2 with isuzu diesel and gm manual transmission) & his work is top notch!

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
Probably stupid question but did you retrofit the air bags or did the disco transplant not have?

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Probably stupid question but did you retrofit the air bags or did the disco transplant not have?
The 93 RRC had no air bags so no it still does not. The air bags are simply sitting there but not hooked up at all.

·
Premium Member
5,108 Posts
ok - hang on - the dash is a 95 RRC dash, not a 93? Do you have some more pics - like extras, plus some of the usual stuff, like rear cargo, rear wheel wells, and floor boards.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
The 93 RRC had no air bags so no it still does not. The air bags are simply sitting there but not hooked up at all.

Can't tell you enough how awesome this truck is. I'm making mine totally jealous just talking to you. Glws man.

·
Premium Member
16,553 Posts
Doug I like you so I'm willing to offer what you'd offer on this truck yourself if someone else had it for sale. Would you take $5,500 on it (cash) right this minute? It's real $$

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
@ Jonesy,... I know Doug well and he sent pics to me while he was building this as I was giving him a hard time for hacking up a clean RRC. Doug's work is impressive. Clean work and he doesn't skip the details,...any details.
He turned down my offer of 10K and a house full of custom cherry furniture,...it's worth every penny of his ask, this truck is clean.

Good luck with the sale Doug, just don't forget the goodie stash is mine.:grin

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Good point Josh - but I won't take $5500. Ha ha ha

I'm open to any offers and won't be insulted.

And yes I have more pics and will post them soon. The truck is VERY solid.

John does have first refusal.

Cheers.

·
Premium Member
7,461 Posts
Thanks Doug.. Think i beat you up enough.. Ill send you an offer but bad timing as i just bought my wife a Met for her Bday.. if I knew you were really going to sell it I would of bought her a Roomba instead! :)

1 - 20 of 43 Posts