Defender Source Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just upgraded my stereo system and I'm selling the factory radio and amp. Make me a reasonable offer, cover shipping, and they are yours.

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
Rick,

By any chance is your factory radio a CD player? If so, that's exactly what I'm looking for. I just have the tape player right now:(

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
I can use the amp for my 110.

Does it come with the following connector: the one with 10 contacts that attaches it to the radio. It may be pink.

Price ???

·
Premium Member
7,832 Posts
I ended up with the radio but I have an amp you might could use. I will look in my box of parts to see if the connector is there. I am not sure tho.

here is a photo not sure if it will help, long live the computers.............

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
I need the pink connector on the back of RR and Disco 1 Clarion radios. The radios with the LCD on the top, right and 6 large preset buttons. Tape player with CD plug. The conenctor carries line level outputs to the amp.

I need the connector to splice into it to get RCA outputs to go to a 8-to-4 switch to go to the new amp. The switch controls the radio output and the MP3.

·
Premium Member
7,832 Posts
i reused all those connectors when i put in my new head unit.

yeah i guess its not so bad of a radio, i havent ever used my tape player

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
Way better??? Let's see...

I like:

1. Tape. Don't play any CD's.

2. Big preset buttons that work with gloves on.

3. Weather band.

4. Rotary volume control.

5. Two FM bands, to switch between home and away.

6. RCA outputs.

I get all of these except #6 in these old radios. And they're dirt cheap! Also, I have the same radio in the RR, the 90 and the 110 so I work with the same controls.

The radio and MP3 (portable so I can take it inside) feed into an auto-select switch: if MP3 turns on it is selected, otherwise the radio is fed through. The MP3 is an iRiver 20GB with the remote. It sits in the cubby and only one cable (the remote) sticks out. It's the best and very easy to use for me and my passengers - front or rear.

The switch feeds an ADS PQ10 and four MB Quart 2-ways rated at 120W.

So, it's not as pathetic a system as you think. In fact it's clean, loud and simple.Plus, nobody's going to break in to steal a LR radio!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts