Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a comment or advice for installing this top? The side curtains are longer than they should be in order to get taut.

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
That doesn't sound right. Make sure you have the right top, there are multiple versions based on, among other things, NAS vs RoW.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That doesn't sound right. Make sure you have the right top, there are multiple versions based on, among other things, NAS vs RoW.
The description I have on my invoice from Rovers North is 1994 NAS D90. All of the tabs on the other edges are taut but the two side curtains are about 1/2 inch too long.
2E3B0DFC-F275-4D84-8418-E1BEA40F1793.jpeg

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not my choice in design, but it's designed to be folded twice. Here's a fitting video -
Wow. That video was educational. Thanks so much! I can’t imagine getting enough slack for the “second fold” but that is clearly what I am doing wrong.

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
That's sort of the problem with soft tops. In my experience the harder it is to install, the better it'll look.

·
Premium Member
1,794 Posts
Wow. That video was educational. Thanks so much! I can’t imagine getting enough slack for the “second fold” but that is clearly what I am doing wrong.
When I had a jeep, I would make a point to leave it in the sun for a few hours upon first install

1 - 11 of 11 Posts