Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks, so i'm the new owner of an '83 or '84 2 door 110. With the hard top on, it's about 1.5" - 2" too tall to fit in my garage (so close, but oh so far). I'm trying to figure out if I'll fit with the soft top on.

Does anyone have a detailed spec sheet or does anyone know the measurement from the tub rail to the top of the hoops?

Referring to this set:

110 FULL STICK SET, EXT220-3 - Rovers North - Classic Land Rover Parts

110 FULL STICK SET, EXT220-3 - Exmoor Trim USA

I've got alternative parking solutions, but I'd LOVE to avoid those. Thanks all!

·
Premium Member
10,775 Posts
Given your year, you should have ribs on your roof. swapping that out for a smooth roof will buy you some of the space you need- about 0.75 inches

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup, i do have the ribs. It buys me half the distance I need or maybe even a bit more, but not quite enough.

But on a related note, I don't LOVE the tiny windows on that roof. How often do 2 door 110 hard tops crop up for sale?

·
Premium Member
1,780 Posts
Central tire inflation system?

Airbag suspension?

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
haha, trust me, all solutions that have been discussed but are not in the cards at the moment when I could easily just swap spots to an outdoor spot. Less than ideal for my delicate sensibility.

Honestly, the number 1 reason i wanna keep the indoor spot is it's HUGE and I can do lots of work on the car in there.

I mean honestly, who builds a garage with a 6'6" max height??!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts