Defender Source Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my Y pipe in from Magnaflow to replace the stock one. One thing it did not come with, the gaskets. Where can I find these locally? I know I can order from AB, but I wanted to get this on tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
12,085 Posts
I got a set from the dealer. Not expensive and easy. Do yourself a favor and remove old y pipe before you go to the dealer. If you break a stud you won't have to make two trips.

·
Premium Member
3,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got a set from the dealer. Not expensive and easy. Do yourself a favor and remove old y pipe before you go to the dealer. If you break a stud you won't have to make two trips.
I didn't want to take a chance in doing it myself with breaking a stud, so I'm going to have the local muffler shop throw it on. I didn't realize I needed 3 total gaskets, and I found a euro shop that can have them by lunch here tomorrow.
Did you have any trouble with yours doing it yourself Barry?

·
Premium Member
12,085 Posts
Well I only removed mine because I was doing the clutch. I broke one stud I think. Pretty user we remove the right manifold to replace it so I got those gaskets too.

·
Premium Member
3,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Also...is this the normal way to plug the two O2 sensors that I don't use? Came with bolts installed. My 94 only has 2 sensors so I assume this is the normal way to plug the others? Seems strange.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.