Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gentlemen,

Anyone have to track down one of these fuel tank emissions manifolds? It is the three valve device coming out the top side of the fuel tank.

Rovers North has the P/N on their website, but also says call for availability. Afraid it might be NLA.

Mine leaks raw fuel when the tank is filled. Don't want to try to take it off until I have a replacement, in case its too brittle and breaks up when moved.

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Are you sure it is leaking from the manifold? My 93 110 had a leak when filled, it was a leaked caused by corrosion around the filler breaking tube connection on the tank.

·
Premium Member
1,123 Posts
These are very difficult to find. It took me several years to find one that came out of a diesel conversion. I almost gave up and started to fabricate.

·
Premium Member
6,561 Posts
there's nothing to this device from as far as i could tell on mine. it's just a box with a couple inlets to allow condensation of fuel vapor and then it's return to the tank. very much like the tdi cyclone filter. its a particular shape, but i'm sure you could find aftermarket equivalent and come up with a mounting adapter for same bolt holes.

if you have a rotted one, this should be an easy duplication project for a decent fab shop.

·
Premium Member
1,853 Posts
I used one from a Disco. They are hard to get to since they are inside the RR bodywork. I made a bracket and kept the one way valve that was on the disco. Seems to work.

·
Premium Member
6,561 Posts
I used one from a Disco. They are hard to get to since they are inside the RR bodywork. I made a bracket and kept the one way valve that was on the disco. Seems to work.
for petrols, the only thing about it that needs to work is for the emissions inspector in your state to see a box or can shaped thing somewhere with lines coming in and out. you have that and mission accomplished. no ECU to keep happy here folks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts