Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my 95 d90 I have been having problems with the idling when stopping at lights, etc. At every stop the rpm's would be all over the place and eventually die out if I didn't keep it going by staying on the gas. I had the idle control valve replaced but now it dies out every time I push the clutch in when coming to a stop. Runs great when I am accelerating but when coming to a stop it dies out almost every time. I thought I would ask you guys for input on what the problem might be, what to look into etc.

Thanks for the help,

·
Premium Member
4,623 Posts
In my 95 d90 I have been having problems with the idling when stopping at lights, etc. At every stop the rpm's would be all over the place and eventually die out if I didn't keep it going by staying on the gas. I had the idle control valve replaced but now it dies out every time I push the clutch in when coming to a stop. Runs great when I am accelerating but when coming to a stop it dies out almost every time. I thought I would ask you guys for input on what the problem might be, what to look into etc. Thanks for the help,
Check your vacuum lines but it still sounds like the stepper motor. Some work better than others (I settled on a used Lucas one that works better than the crap off ebay and whatever Advance Auto sells for the Astro van). Did you replace the stepper because of the same symptoms and was there any change? What was the make and part number of the stepper you used?

·
Premium Member
7,824 Posts
How often do you drive your Defender? Mine had been doing this, after driving it back a forth to work for a week it is running (dare I say it) extremely well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts