Defender Source Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,881 Posts
I used a holly sniper 2bbl system on a 3.5 worked nicely and relatively easy to install. Plus the user interface and gauge are light years better than the FiTech (my brother in-law installed that system btw so have experienced them side by side).

you will need an edlebrock manifold for either system and at a minimum a new fuel pump to reach the required 60psi for the units. Holly sells a kit with an external fuel pump in it but you can use the same fuel pump as the LS conversions for in tank setups which is preferable.

·
Premium Member
1,526 Posts
fuel injection technology had made leaps and bounds in terms of reliability, ease of service and diagnostics. there are a few members whom have converted their trucks to EFI, all have reported satisfaction at the outcome but some reported frustration during the install. I think Robert Davies is one of the members with the highest degree of experience with EFI, as he is using it on his conversions.
I believe in the us there are 2 US manufacturers offering carburetor/tbi (throtle body injection), one in the uk.
all advertise to be sold as a kit with everything you may need, I have never used one thus can't speak first hand.
best suggestion do your research, ask many questions and follow thru when ready.

·
Premium Member
11,216 Posts
I second the Holley Sniper which works well and has stellar customer support.
They have a new small bore 2GC that we use on the Chevy 250 (4.1 Liter) conversions that will supply more than enough fuel for your 3.5 V8.
We used a Fitech on a 292, but replaced it with a Sniper as it did not work very well and the customer support was terrible.

Reactions: Rocky

·
Premium Member
11,216 Posts
Thank you for the information - do you know the model of the in tank pump you mentioned
Do not install the fuel pump in the tank unless you prefer to drop the fuel tank to troubleshoot and or replace which is a real pain.

·
Premium Member
11,216 Posts
Forgot to add, you can do a roadside repair with an external fuel pump.
You cannot with an in tank setup.
I will NEVER go in-tank.

·
Registered
1988 ROW 110 From w/ LS3 6L80E
246 Posts
For what it’s worth, I had a Fitech 400hp street installed one my 3.5 and it was one of the best upgrades. Way smoother idle, start up faster, smoother acceleration and cleaner running. Plus the visibility of the fitech computer was great. Like having an obd2 on an ancient engine. Never tied the holley but if it’s an ounce better than the fitech heck it’s a no brainer.
But in the end swapped in an ls 6.2 and welcomed the new world and actually can use it as a daily driver:) never looking back!! Anyone need the spare points, cap rotors stacked in my garage?

·
Premium Member
11,216 Posts
What are your thoughts on the 2300 since i have already swapped the intake?
rlynch356 ran a Holley Sniper 2300 on a 3.5 Rover V8 and it did fine
You' ll need to have an adapter so the 2300 can bolt to the 4 barrel manifold and you'll need a bung in the down pipe for the O2 sensor.

·
Registered
1991 Land Rover Defender D90 3.5 V8 EFI
7 Posts
I used a holly sniper 2bbl system on a 3.5 worked nicely and relatively easy to install. Plus the user interface and gauge are light years better than the FiTech (my brother in-law installed that system btw so have experienced them side by side).

you will need an edlebrock manifold for either system and at a minimum a new fuel pump to reach the required 60psi for the units. Holly sells a kit with an external fuel pump in it but you can use the same fuel pump as the LS conversions for in tank setups which is preferable.
Where did you put the fuel pump? Which one did you use Where did you put the regulator? Can you share photos?

·
Registered
7 Posts
For what it’s worth, I had a Fitech 400hp street installed one my 3.5 and it was one of the best upgrades. Way smoother idle, start up faster, smoother acceleration and cleaner running. Plus the visibility of the fitech computer was great. Like having an obd2 on an ancient engine. Never tied the holley but if it’s an ounce better than the fitech heck it’s a no brainer.
But in the end swapped in an ls 6.2 and welcomed the new world and actually can use it as a daily driver:) never looking back!! Anyone need the spare points, cap rotors stacked in my garage?
With the Fitech, where did you put the fuel pump? Which one did you use Where did you put the regulator?

·
Registered
7 Posts

Where did you put the fuel pump? Which one did you use Where did you put the regulator? Can you share photos?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts