Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am hoping someone began a carburetor conversion for a 3.9l and then lost interest or went another route and had one taking up space in the garage.

Looking for a Edelbrock Buick 215 intake manifold.

I know where to get new ones....looking for a little better of a deal.

·
Premium Member
468 Posts
I don't have the eddlebrock manifold but if you need anything from the buick side let me know. I have a 300 and a 340 that I never got around to playing with and I have caught the diesel bug as of late.

·
Premium Member
521 Posts
A Buick 215 4 barrel manifold works just fine too. I am using one on my 4.6, found it on ebay for about half the cost of the Edelbrock and they are very similar.

·
Premium Member
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Premium Member
521 Posts
Edelbrock/Carter 500cfm, Holly 390 cfm, and the original Quadrajet all will work. Carter made a 400 cfm four barrel carb for a while if you can find a good used one and you like the Carter design. The 400 might be better on a 3.5 but lots of folks are running the 500.

·
Premium Member
874 Posts
Run the Carter carb. It is easier to tune, will accommodate the 3.5 and be far less troubling than the Holley.

·
Premium Member
7,458 Posts
edelbrock 1406 is fool proof with an electric choke and if not mistaken essentially the same design as the carter.

·
Premium Member
521 Posts
Edelbrock is the Carter design. I'd go with the 500cfm either 1403 electric choke or the 1404 manual choke if you are using it on a 3.5. I'm using the 1404 on mine with the off-road kit. Lots of info floating around how to set this style carb up for wheeling.

·
Birthday Committee Team
2,292 Posts
Edelbrock is the Carter design. I'd go with the 500cfm either 1403 electric choke or the 1404 manual choke if you are using it on a 3.5. I'm using the 1404 on mine with the off-road kit. Lots of info floating around how to set this style carb up for wheeling.

I might go with 1403 set up, thanks.

Sal

1 - 15 of 15 Posts