Defender Source Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey there,
Posting one more time a ''For Sale'' listing but this time its for something completely irrelevant to Land Rovers. Although one looks cool wearing it in their Landy. Its an Official Navy Issue DSCP Excelled G-1 jacket. The size is 38M. This is one of the 2008 contract batch ones that had the best leather shells. Its the real thing, not a reproduction like those commonly available even from high end brands. It really is in as new condition. I have never ever worn it since i purchased it as i was afraid of spoiling it since its so rare. I decided to start wearing it this month but ran into a major issue. It wont fit. Like not at all. The main reason being me hitting the gym on a daily basis for the past year. Anyway, please have a good look at the photos although they don't do it justice at all since my phone is freaking crappy. Ideally looking for 565 USD plus shipping for it.
Let me know if this would be something you would like to add to your collection. It really is a timeless classic, something like a Landy in a way.
Kindest Regards

· Premium Member
2,188 Posts
I have my grandfathers USAF A1 leather jacket. A little large for me but I still wear it from time to time.

Last time I wore it I flew Fifi the B29 with it on. The B29 wasn’t the first bomber he flew but it is what he spent the most time in.

What an awesome beast the B29. Love the radial engines. Kind of like listening to a Flathead Ford V8 in a street rod.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have my grandfathers USAF A1 leather jacket. A little large for me but I still wear it from time to time.

Last time I wore it I flew Fifi the B29 with it on. The B29 wasn’t the first bomber he flew but it is what he spent the most time in.

What an awesome beast the B29. Love the radial engines. Kind of like listening to a Flathead Ford V8 in a street rod.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hey there,
Many thanks for stopping by ! I too have a long love affair with warbirds. Especially WW2 ones. I actually have a room full of scale models. Spitfires, Mustangs, B-17s all of them. Your grandfather was in the US Air Force ? Despite me coming from a totally different country please thank him for his service on my behalf. We owe a lot to these guys indeed. There are people who might disagree with that statement but i know i don't. I recently lost my grandfather from my fathers side. He served in WW2 and helped rescue British Paratroopers. Have a great day !
Kindest Regards

1 - 7 of 7 Posts