Defender Source Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone asked their cleaners to dry clean their seat bottoms? I eff'd up and got some grease on my ROW cloth driver seat. Dawn dish soap did a pretty good job but I was just wondering if I hit it with professional dry cleaning if I can get the fabric a little brighter.

I don't want to scrub it too much by hand so as to avoid it fuzzing up and looking silly.

·
Premium Member
3,579 Posts
Have used dry cleaning in a can? I got mine clean that way

·
Premium Member
887 Posts
When I installed all new foam I put mine in the washing machine on the sanitize steam cycle and they came out looking great...

I know it looks like they don't match but that's the flash. They match.

·
Premium Member
4,915 Posts
Clay, did you get the seat cover off? If you can soak it for a long time in hot water using dawn and maybe some gojo that should get it out. Hopefully.

Has anyone asked their cleaners to dry clean their seat bottoms? I eff'd up and got some grease on my ROW cloth driver seat. Dawn dish soap did a pretty good job but I was just wondering if I hit it with professional dry cleaning if I can get the fabric a little brighter.

I don't want to scrub it too much by hand so as to avoid it fuzzing up and looking silly.

·
Premium Member
8,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Clay, did you get the seat cover off? If you can soak it for a long time in hot water using dawn and maybe some gojo that should get it out. Hopefully.
Need to take another look. I hate to risk shrinking or distorting the seams. I should do all three at once I guess.

·
Premium Member
4,915 Posts
Hot soak, cold rinse, air dry. It shouldn't shrink.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.