Defender Source Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
http://www.defendersource.com/mod/curtain/index.html
Over the last few months I've had very few requests for drop curtains, and have been able to fill those orders with the remaining material I purchased earlier this year. Now with the temperatures cooling down I am seeing a renewed interest and have already been contacted 4 times over the past week, so I'm planning to do another large run for those interested. Because I have to pre-purchase the material with my own $, I'd like to get as many orders backlogged as possible so I know how much to buy.
If you'd like to get in on this order please email me as soon as possible at: amvigil(at)comcast.net (please note - new email address)
The price of the curtains has increased slightly to $170, however this now includes shipping via UPS ground to anywhere in the USA.
The curtains work with all models of NAS D90s but I need to know if you have a soft-top or station wagon model when ordering.
Feel free to email me with any questions.
Regards,
~Art Vigil
Denver, CO

·
Premium Member
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The cutoff order date for this batch is this Friday (10/10)- thanks, AV

·
Premium Member
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I purchased enough material for a few extra curtains; if anyone still wants one just shoot me an email.

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Last one!
I had curtains made with all the remaining material and have one more that's not spoken for. If anyone's interested, it's for a soft-top D90 and can ship right away.

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
Art, I'll take the last drop curtain. Just email me your address so I can mail you the money. Do you think it is possible to add straps at the bottom so it won't flap? I will be running a surrey top in conjunction with the drop curtain when it is cold, and would rather not have the bottom portion of the curtain flailing around.

Thanks

Chris

·
Premium Member
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Chris, I sent you an email – thanks!

I’d just like to clarify a few things from some emails I’ve received.

I do not make these curtains to compete with Badger Coachworks’ drop curtain. They are two completely different things, and I don’t pretend or imply anything differently.
I’ve seen the Badger drop curtain; it’s a work of Art. It does a great job of closing off the rear portion of the cab, making it very truck-like and gives a finished appearance. It’s also designed to work with Badger’s other products. It’s expensive, but well worth it, like all of Chris’ products. If I’d had one of their tops on my ST I probably would have never sold it for my SW (in 6 years I had 3 or 4 Besttops replaced under warranty).
My curtains are simply an inexpensive way to improve heater and air-conditioner performance by blocking off the rear area of the vehicle. They do not seal up every gap completely, but were designed to install/uninstall quickly and work very well for their intended purpose.
Lastly, this is not a business venture for me; I make very little money on each curtain and pay for each one myself usually before I receive your check. I do this out of friendship for the D90 community and because it was done for me by another D90 owner several years ago.
Please don’t take advantage of that friendship by asking me to cut the price or send you one before you pay for it. And if you order one, please don’t email me the day it’s done and say you changed you mind. :angry
Thanks, and for those who’ve purchased a curtain from me, I sincerely hope you are very happy with it.
If anyone has any questions feel free to email me at amvigil(at)comcast.net or email me with your phone number and the best time to reach you.

All the curtains are spoken for, but I'm taking orders for the next batch and will place the order as soon as I have 10 curtains.

Kind Regards,

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
Art my curtain has worked great in both hot and cold climates.thanks again,I kept my A/C at half due to the curtain.

·
Premium Member
4,135 Posts
For those who ordered these, you will love them. During the east coast blizzard earlier this year, we had our curtain in and when we were in normal driving around town, we could not have the heater on high or we would start sweating.

CVC

·
Premium Member
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Will do Yousef. Email me with you phone #. :talker

Jorge, Chris,
Thanks for the positive comments.

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Art - This drop curtain is awesome and worth every penny. We've already had temps in the 30's here and I'm actually able to keep warm in the truck now. Removing the heater vent covers helped also.

PT
:cool:

·
Premium Member
4,789 Posts
Art, the curtain is nice. I put it on with the Surry top only as it was raining and normally with only the surrey air would rush in from behind me and drag rain with it and cover the windshield and ME. To say the least it did its job very well, in fact at 75mph the surrey flapped around in the wind but the curtain was silent!

Chris Cox, I did not see the bottom flap around at all, it tucks in nicely between the roll cage and the wheel wells.

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
This curtain is just what i was looking for. And Art's transaction was perfect!:grin
Now i can't wait for it to get really cold and not here any complaints from my passenger (read girlfriend).

Art Thanks again!!!

Slowpoke496

·
Premium Member
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Please email me if you want in on the next order.

Thanks, :)

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Did you get my order?

Hi Art,

I sent you an email asking to be added to your 11/7 order. I didn't get back an email from you though, just to confirm you received my email and that I made the order deadline.

Pls confirm here or via email. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hello all,

The curtains are done, I'm picking them up this morning.
If I've received your check, I'll ship yours out today and email you with a UPS tracking number.
If you haven't sent payment yet, please do so as soon as possible.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
:angry Well it appears someone has changed their mind, so I have one curtain that is up for grabs. It's for a Soft Top D90 and ready to ship.
I also have enough material this round for 3 more curtains, these will take about a week and can be made for either a ST or SW.
Email me if interested.:)

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
4,135 Posts
Thats too bad Art. You should start taking non-refundable deposits on the pre-orders next time you do a big run.

CVC

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Art - do you get my recent email about customizing the drop curtain? I know you had problems with not receiving my direct emails before for some reason.... so, just checking. Thanks. You can email me directly.

The curtain is very nice, by the way.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts