Defender Source Forum banner

Driving lights suggestions

1K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  Reese_D90 
#1 ·
I have a Def 90 with brush bar. Any suggestions on what what brand, size, or type of front driving fog lights?

#2 ·
If you lucky enough to ever use them, I think it's best to go with period correct with these trucks. The old Hella 3000 or close to it is what I run and to be honest they are a pain, mostly due to their mounts breaking. They are big and fat, thereby blocking air flow if mounted to bumper bar, hassle to wire, offer a confusing amount of light array options, forever in need of readjusting, and take small power plant to run.

A new square LED mounted light would have better light, easier to mount/wire, take far less energy to run, and likely much cheaper. Which of course, goes against everything these trucks are. ?

Just my humble opinion.

Attachments

#5 ·
Fog lights have to be mounted low to be effective ... basically below the bumper. In Euro spec cars you see them in the lower valance.

Driving lights get mounted higher and honestly unless you'd be best off with LED conversion headlights.

But if you want the 'look' then the big Hella's are the way to go. Dont forget to add a relay wiring harness or you'll burn out the headlight switch.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.