Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

Just purchased a 110 a few months ago and have been lurking these forums even longer.

I am in the early stages of upgrading my 110 with a LS376/525 crate engine from GM along with a 4L80E automatic GM transmission. So far I have learned that with the proper adapter I can mate up to the LT230 transfer box.

I am trying to put together a list of necessary upgrades and associated cost for the drivetrain and need some help on what components need to be upgraded to handle the increased torque.

1) What components need/should be upgraded?
2) What are some sources and suppliers of these parts?

Many thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
1,216 Posts
No offense, but I can think of about 100 other vehicles that are more practical, more comfortable, get better mpg, etc etc that are a fraction of the price, that I would rather daily drive on City/Highway than a Defender.
If my trail truck was driving and I didn't have to drive in the snow I'd dump my daily driver D1 in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No offense, but I can think of about 100 other vehicles that are more practical, more comfortable, get better mpg, etc etc that are a fraction of the price, that I would rather daily drive on City/Highway than a Defender.
If my trail truck was driving and I didn't have to drive in the snow I'd dump my daily driver D1 in a heartbeat.
Well I can think of about 100 uses of someones time other than reading and posting on a forum dedicated to land rover defenders. Sometimes passion for something overrides practicality. Thanks for the warm welcome on my first post...

·
Registered
88 Posts
Sometimes passion for something overrides practicality.

I drove a basically stock '64 2a daily for many years. Practical? No. Would do it again but I "upgraded" to a 24 yo Range Rover. At least I could fix just about anything on the 2a when it took a dump on me. Sounds like your planned upgrades will make your truck a better daily driver than my 2a was. Rover on.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I drove a basically stock '64 2a daily for many years. Practical? No. Would do it again but I "upgraded" to a 24 yo Range Rover. At least I could fix just about anything on the 2a when it took a dump on me. Sounds like your planned upgrades will make your truck a better daily driver than my 2a was. Rover on.
Thanks Jeff!

·
Premium Member
7,157 Posts
You can also fix everything on a Range Rover Classic just as easily.

·
Premium Member
1,216 Posts
Well I can think of about 100 uses of someones time other than reading and posting on a forum dedicated to land rover defenders. Sometimes passion for something overrides practicality. Thanks for the warm welcome on my first post...
Sorry, didn't see it was your first post. Didn't mean to be harsh.
Welcome and congrats on your new vehicle!

·
Premium Member
1,583 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,112 Posts
I recomend upgrading the brakes. 1986 did not come stock with rear discs- but you might consider that upgrade. Plus bigger fronts so you can stop...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts