Defender Source Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Did you get your LR from Autology Motors? How did it come out?
We will find out later this week. It just arrived to port this morning and waiting for it to clear customs. My experience hasnt been horrible so far like the other people on here. COVID got in the way of shipping, but that was not something that could have been predicted. 34 days to ship.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
We will find out later this week. It just arrived to port this morning and waiting for it to clear customs. My experience hasnt been horrible so far like the other people on here. COVID got in the way of shipping, but that was not something that could have been predicted. 34 days to ship.
Excited to see it and hear your experience with Paul. He was great about returning my emails when we were shopping.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Excited to see it and hear your experience with Paul. He was great about returning my emails when we were shopping.
His response time for me was good too, but I also know what to expect from doing business in Spain. What made you go with who you bought from as opposed to Paul? Pick her up tomorrow and am so excited!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Well. The car looks good. Speedometer and gauges don’t work, warning lights either, and the gas tank is leaking something fierce. Like a water spout. Needless to say, I’m a little pissed. A/C is cold though lol

·
Registered
14 Posts
Aesthetically, the car looks great and will look better once I get the cheap stickers off and add the running boards. I’m happy with the inside; the seats look good with the leather patchwork on all 3 rows and the air conditioning did well with this heat in Texas.

The bad:
1. Gas tank is leaking so bad I covered every car behind me with diesel (after 5 miles, I called the transport company).
2. The E-brake and regular breaks do not hold the car on incline.
3. All the gauges are not functional except the engine temp gauge (no speedo, no gas level, nada)
4. Keys do not open any door in the car so I had to climb through the rear
5. Driver’s side mirror disappeared in transit because it was not on correctly (the bolts were still there)
6. Windshield wipers are decorative

I am taking it to the shop on Monday for a full run down and we’ll see what they say.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 · (Edited)
His response time for me was good too, but I also know what to expect from doing business in Spain. What made you go with who you bought from as opposed to Paul? Pick her up tomorrow and am so excited!
I thought Paul did a great job of marketing his brand and an amazing job of selling the Defender experience. At that time, there wasn’t much info out there about Autology and the though of sending that much cash to a foreign country scared me a bit. When we met Mariano, discovered Dfenderland, his passion for building vehicles and the fact that he builds in Spain but lives in Austin, it was a no brained for us.

No 30 year old vehicle will ever be perfect, but we are very pleased with our experience.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 · (Edited)
Aesthetically, the car looks great and will look better once I get the cheap stickers off and add the running boards. I’m happy with the inside; the seats look good with the leather patchwork on all 3 rows and the air conditioning did well with this heat in Texas.

The bad:
1. Gas tank is leaking so bad I covered every car behind me with diesel (after 5 miles, I called the transport company).
2. The E-brake and regular breaks do not hold the car on incline.
3. All the gauges are not functional except the engine temp gauge (no speedo, no gas level, nada)
4. Keys do not open any door in the car so I had to climb through the rear
5. Driver’s side mirror disappeared in transit because it was not on correctly (the bolts were still there)
6. Windshield wipers are decorative

I am taking it to the shop on Monday for a full run down and we’ll see what they say. View attachment 448386 View attachment 448387 View attachment 448388 View attachment 448389
Nano, despite some inconveniences, your rig looks AMAZING! All the tough work is done and you get to learn more about your vehicle now, (that’s the bestway of looking at it in my book.)

Congrats on bringing your dream of owning a D110 to fruition.

Cheers!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I though Paul did a great job of marketing his brand and an amazing job of selling the Defender experience. At that time, there wasn’t much info out there about Autology and the though of sending that much cash to a foreign country scared me a bit. When we met Mariano, discovered Dfenderland, his passion for building vehicles and the fact that he builds in Spain, but lives in Austin, it was a no brained for us.

No 30 year old vehicle will ever be perfect, but we are very pleased with our experience.
Im not dissatisfied with the vehicle at all and I know some of the problems could also be from the shipping and customs process as well. I’m looking forward to getting it out on the road soon and getting it dirty.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 · (Edited)
We just returned from our first big road trip with Drago. 9 days of touring around the Olympic Peninsula here in WA. Just a few minor hiccups with Drago, but he did great on the trip.

We had a pretty big push the weeks leading up to the trip with wrapping up several projects. The largest was finally installing our new rear sliders. The replacements from Bearmach were 1/4“ bigger all the way around, so I needed to spend a few nights having fun with my jigsaw, (so scary). The end result is nice, quiet, non-leaking windows on our trip. I decided to use black oxide hardware, which immediately showed signs of surface oxidation after the first wet night, new stainless hardware is on the way.

Here are a few of my favorite images from the trip:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 · (Edited)
I’ve been a little quiet here, but have been plugging away on projects. New gauges, volt meter, speedo and VDO analog clock installed, LaSalle headliner installed. Finish line project was retrimming the seats and Wifey was so excited with everything that we have completed over the past few months, she purchased the retrim kit.

The next phase is starting the final rear buildout this fall.

Started here yesterday morning:

Waiting for the paint to dry:

Our new Exmoor Denim Vinyl seats!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 · (Edited)
Subscribed. D110 soon to be owner in the same color range. Looking for ideas. Great work done and an amazing looking D110.

Thank you for sharing.

E
Congrats on lining up a 110! Can’t wait to see it. Feel free to hit me up with any questions.

It’s been quite an incredible year working on and exploring with Drago.

We spent the last few months working on our buildout. It’s very close, just a few more details before I‘ll post the full build. Here are some teasers to tie everyone over.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Congrats on lining up a 110! Can’t wait to see it. Feel free to hit me up with any questions.

It’s been quite an incredible year working on and exploring with Drago.

We spent the last few months working on our buildout. It’s very closed, just a few more details before I‘ll post the full build. Here are some teasers to tie everyone over.

View attachment 460934
View attachment 460935

View attachment 460936
that's great! part of the desire to get it was to go overlanding and camping with my kid. I will post pictures after picking it up

21 - 40 of 40 Posts