Defender Source Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey VolleyMdut, I am tackling the starter on my NAS this weekend. Any tips or is it very straight forward.

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
It was pretty straight forward. I reminded myself a hundred times to disconnect the battery first. There are two bolts that hold it in place, one is easier to access from above, the other from below. One wire is plugged into a male receiver on top (a thin, red wire in my case) three more are connected to bolt. A black wire runs from the starter itself to the second bolt so you can leave that alone. You can see a lot of this on my last pic with the new starter installed.Then I removed the unit . Then I cleaned the connectors on the wires. Then I plugged the new starter into the bell housing, reconnected everything (including the battery), and it worked great.

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Thanks! I felt a little sheepish posting it here. I am definitely the rookie and there are so many people doing awesome projects. But I wanted something to document my progress as a Defender healer, and to document the life of this awesome truck!

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
These look great man. FYI don't fully torque any of these bolts that are through bushings until you have the full weight of the truck on it.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts