Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, this might seem silly but how in the world does one attach the retainer clips to the door card? And just in case you're thinking I'm a bit thick (which I might be), I realize they need to somehow go into the little slots with the two holes (one larger, one smaller) but I just can't seem to figure out how.

This is like some kind of Chinese puzzle (or rather British.) I've tried sliding them in the slots every way I can think of and pushed and twisted to the point of nearly breaking and still can't figure it. This just should not be this difficult. :confused

Which is making me wonder if the clips Rover's North sent are the correct parts but I'm checked with a couple different sources and they appear to be the right ones.

Would anybody have a close-up photo of their door cars with the clips attached they could share? I need to see just how the clip is inserted.

Appreciate any help anyone can pass along.

Cheers,

CARL

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Reviving a long dead thread here... My door cards (1991 ROW D90 SW) are hanging on by only three pine tree push in clips in the corners, and I think I have the same question as this previous poster.

I have two new clip pieces (3 and 4 from from this parts diagram). The small end of the white piece (4 - Britpart MWC3136) clearly goes into the metal door frame itself and the pointy end of the black one (5 - MXC1800) then goes in to the wide end of the white piece.

Problem is, how does the large round end of the black piece fit into the small slot on the door card? Is there a piece not shown on the diagram? Do I have the wrong parts (or wrong door card?)

·
Premium Member
1,393 Posts
I have the same pins, but the door cards on my NAS look nothing like this. May you need different pins(?)

·
Registered
152 Posts
Reviving a long dead thread here... My door cards (1991 ROW D90 SW) are hanging on by only three pine tree push in clips in the corners, and I think I have the same question as this previous poster.

I have two new clip pieces (3 and 4 from from this parts diagram). The small end of the white piece (4 - Britpart MWC3136) clearly goes into the metal door frame itself and the pointy end of the black one (5 - MXC1800) then goes in to the wide end of the white piece.

View attachment 447399

Problem is, how does the large round end of the black piece fit into the small slot on the door card? Is there a piece not shown on the diagram? Do I have the wrong parts (or wrong door card?)

View attachment 447398
Those door cards appear to be aftermarket (plastic) ones which need MWC1474. Genuine foam backed cards have nibs that the black fastener from your pic slides on to.

LRWokshop says MWC1474 was used "Chassis VINs to AA339423 (1988 MY)". How were the early genuine door cards different that they needed those?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts