Defender Source Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve read every thread I could find on the disco 2 rear seat install I could find and just reaching out to those that have done it if you have any tips or things you’d do differently?

Particularly:
Do you like your tub cut out size or would you do that differently? Bigger? Smaller? I’m open to size tips!

Did you put the tub patch’s overlap on inside or outside of tub?

any words of advice if you were to do it again?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Scully offroad in Ca did mine. I did the same as you and took what I found online to them. The seats fit awesome, more leg room and the seat fold down perfectly. You do have to cut the wheel wells and fab a cover. Mine is aluminum riveted on top. No complaints. one unexpected side effect is the shoulder harness part of the seat belts has to be moved back. If you have a hard top it probably wont be much of an issue. I have soft top and they had to add a custom tube off my cage for the retractor to connect to.

·
Premium Member
4,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Scully offroad in Ca did mine. I did the same as you and took what I found online to them. The seats fit awesome, more leg room and the seat fold down perfectly. You do have to cut the wheel wells and fab a cover. Mine is aluminum riveted on top. No complaints. one unexpected side effect is the shoulder harness part of the seat belts has to be moved back. If you have a hard top it probably wont be much of an issue. I have soft top and they had to add a custom tube off my cage for the retractor to connect to.
That is great! Thanks for the advice--I am looking forward to it. I have the seat in the back right now figuring out how much to cut out while making sure I cut both "enough" and not "too much". You do need room to access the release. If you have a chance to measure the cut out cube, I would love it (assuming you are happy with it) as that will really help me verify what I am finding!

Have a great weekend!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts