Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,654 Posts
X-Brake is a parking brake mechanism or what...?
Yes it removes the huge rotating drum brake assembly on your rear driveshaft. I absolutely LOVE mine, works 100x better than stock with zero maintenance and makes removing and replacing the driveshaft super easy

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
Hi Erik,

I'm interested. Is the disc included? How much additional for the e-brake cable?

Thanks
Scott

·
Premium Member
4,654 Posts
Quick story:

Driving home and coming down the off ramp at about 60mph. Depress brakes and they go to the floor, press again, nothing.

Now instantly sweating.

Pull truck out of gear and slowly pull up on parking brake. 7 year old x brake hauls me to a stop in the shoulder with no complaints from the truck.

Hop out and find a piece of scrap metal wedged between the swivel and the brake caliper, sliced right through the hard line.

Limp it home, relax. This thing is tough!

·
Premium Member
7,130 Posts
Quick story:

Driving home and coming down the off ramp at about 60mph. Depress brakes and they go to the floor, press again, nothing.

Now instantly sweating.

Pull truck out of gear and slowly pull up on parking brake. 7 year old x brake hauls me to a stop in the shoulder with no complaints from the truck.

Hop out and find a piece of scrap metal wedged between the swivel and the brake caliper, sliced right through the hard line.

Limp it home, relax. This thing is tough!
If losing a single circuit caused both circuits to lose pressure, then something else is wrong.

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
...........pm sent

·
Premium Member
814 Posts
I had to order a handful of these to get a better price, so first come first serve, $370/delivered to the lower 48! [email protected]
Attempting to stop the thread derailment.

The website disclaimer telling customers to use the parking brake as a parking brake is most likely to fend off lawsuits from snowflakes who break their rigs and have no personal accountability. Please nobody take that as ad hominem... ?

·
Premium Member
2,105 Posts
Disc included? LS swap compatible?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts